The amusements of a highly bored individual

After I quit my job as a corporate drone in 2012, I started looking at options to keep me occupied as I served out my sentence. I had planned to devote a few months to full-time arts and crafts activities as I kept me and my evil kitty entertained. However, as most vacations go, I never really did get as much accomplished, instead using the time to just recuperate and spend as much time bugging my husband as possible.

The list of things to be done were endless and as a start I planned to finish some unfinished projects.

Here's what I finally got done with:




1 Puzzle
Emboldened by the success of our previous puzzle - bought in 2009, but completed only in 2010 (a whole 13 months later)
Copyright: The Anti-Social Butterfly
Unboxing Ravensburger - The Cherubs - 2000 pcs



Copyright: The Anti-Social Butterfly
The finished puzzle, without a frame
I'd bought this puzzle a month after I got married thinking that I'd have loads of time on my hands to finish it.

8 months on, I had barely finished the border and the central picture. 

Update: I only finished the picture after my unemployment hiatus. Dejected by the lack of progress, I just attacked it with everything over a 2-day weekend, working fervently to finish the project. And, just a few months late, but it was done! The excitement of finishing that project sent me shopping to buy my next artwork, but more on that later.

Since we were supposed to move houses soon, the puzzle was framed and kept in hibernation till we found a suitable place for it.

The picture now hangs proudly in my new home and is the first thing I see each morning!

Such joy!

Copyright: The Anti-Social Butterfly
The Kiss

Comments

Have you read our popular posts?

Piggy scarf

Presenting Ms Kitten

Animal scarves